Friday, December 19, 2014

Weekday to date night

Happy Friday everybody! I thought it would be fun to post a before/after tutorial on how to go from a business appropriate makeup look to something a little more sultry in the evening.
Before:
I started out my day with really simple makeup, using mostly mattes. Filled in my brows, applied foundation and concealer, contoured and applied lipliner and gloss.
On my eyes I used the Naked Basics palette, using a really simple contour/highlight and popped on a soft cat eye and some mascara. This look takes me about 20 minutes to do in the wee hours of the morning, because I'm slow at that time... but I can do it in less if I need to.
After:


In preparation for this evening:
Naked 3
False lashes/glue
Nude lipgloss & liner
Shimmery cream shadow
Blush
I put Trick all over my lids from the Naked 3, and contoured the crease with Mugshot, blending it out. I also swept a little of Mugshot under the outer corners of my eye and blended it for a more smoky look. I then took my cream shadow and used it as a highlight on top of the Trick and in my inner corners (though the sparkle is hard to see in the photos, it it popped!). 


Glue on lashes, apply blush and lipgloss, and you are literally good to go! I love adding a smoky eye over basic workwear because its so easy to do - everything else on your face can be minimal so you don't need to stuff your bag full of products. 


That's it! Quick and easy.

xo,


No comments:

Post a Comment