Monday, December 22, 2014

One step at a time...

 
Over the course of the holiday season I think it becomes easy to get off track health wise - note yummy seasonal foods, cold weather, and the extra availability of kitty snuggles all make it oh so easy for me to skip a workout and totally justify noshing on Christmas chocolate here and there (while I lounge around and watch House of Cards). Not to mention all of my last minute shopping! 
I do believe that balance is really important to maintaining a healthy lifestyle. I've been completely over restrictive about diet and exercise in the past, but this time around I think I've tipped the balance a bit to the overindulgent side... and I've noticed an overall change in how I've been feeling. 

Especially since I haven't been staying active. My mom got me a Fitbit for Chanukah and now that I can track myself I can see that I'm so guilty of not being active enough... eeek.

So, I decided to make it a priority of mine to exercise in the following week. I know it will be the holidays soon, but there's no time like the present to start! I think it can also be fun to bond with your loved ones while getting active.


My boyfriend and I will go on "running dates" to keep each other accountable. We always grab a kombucha or a juice post workout and just enjoy talking and relaxing together. 

Even though I don't like to wear makeup when I hit the gym, sometimes I'll just pop on a little mascara, cream blush, or lipgloss to feel a little special when I'm totally pouring sweat as I try to keep up with him (He's 6'4 and has really long legs haha).


My advice for getting back in shape again would definitely be to set small goals for yourself. I know I'm the type of person who always tries to plan out the big picture and I can get overwhelmed or impatient when I don't move mountains in a day. That's when I get frustrated and become overwhelmed. So, it's important to just focus on the small victories. Remember that it doesn't matter how fast you're going, as long as you're going!

I also really love being around nature, so running outside always brings a sense of peace to me. I like music, but sometimes I'll just take the earbuds out and listen to the quiet or the sound of my breath. 


Every day is a new opportunity to love and treat your body right. Let's make this week full of health and happiness!

xo,

No comments:

Post a Comment