Sunday, December 7, 2014

Glam Glow

Glam Glow. Long had I eyed it as I perused the aisles of Sephora on my various makeup missions. But the timing never seemed right. I know people rave about it, but it's hella expensive, and my skin isn't really problematic - I saved my money for other things. I'm blessed with clear skin and I can get away with having a much more budget friendly skin pampering sesh.Then one day, as I was waiting in the check out line (damn you small check out line items!) I noticed a .5oz tub of the Glam Glow Youthmud. It beckoned to me... my skin was feeling a little dull after one too many sleepless nights and a chocolate binge here and there. Perhaps a healthier way to treat myself? For $19.00 it seemed worth it. I popped the sucker into my cart and prepared myself for a spa worthy skindulgence.The orange spot on my forehead was an attempt to mitigate a pre-eruption face demon (pimple) courtesy of that time of the month. I crushed a tablet of ibuprofen and mixed it with water into a paste to calm the inflammation.The Glam Glow: The mask itself is a greyish mud with little pieces of seaweed or leaves in it. It has a very fine gritty texture which is surprisingly effective at 100000000% sloughing the dead skin off of your face. The box says it's supposed to tingle - I think that's a bit of an understatement, especially for first time users. For me, as mask dried, it burned. Not to the point of harm or anything, but it was uncomfortable. I almost washed it off of my face early because I was concerned - however, for $19.00 per half ounce, that stuff was staying on my face. After reading more into it, apparently the more it "tingles" the more toxins and pollutants are being sucked out of your face. Ok, I could get behind that. It made sense because the second and third time I used it the burn was less and then it was just a tingly feeling.To use: Simply spread the mask over your face, wait until it dries (about 10 mins) and rinse it off with warm water. I rubbed it off gently in circular motions to exfoliate my skin some moreConsensus:If you can get past the burning, this stuff is pretty cool. Since my skin is overall pretty clear I wasn't expecting much, but the improvement was noticeable. I have these teeny little blackheads by the tip of my nose that no cleansers really ever get to - which has never been a big deal. But the Glam Glow sucked these little guys right out. You can actually see the impurities getting sucked out as the mask dries. And my skin was SOFT. Probably the softest it's ever been. I got a little over three uses from the .5oz container. The only downside I would have to say is the price - but I think you do get what you paid for in this case. If you're looking for something for your skin, and you have the money to splurge, I would definitely recommend it. Maybe for the holidays? Christmas morning facials, anyone? I would probably try a different treatment for super dry or sensitive skin (they have a hydrating one!) because of the intensity of the tingling. Youthmud is a great option for normal or combination skin that needs a pick me up, definitely brightening and invigorating.My boyfriend has struggled with acne for years, so I think I may pick up the Glam Glow clearing treatment for him and see how that works. And perhaps buy a full size Youthmud for myself.xo,

No comments:

Post a Comment